Herd of Hope Limited is an Australian Charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission (ACNC).
We are the only charity that provides support for transplant recipients and donor families in rural and regional areas. For the best transplant outcomes, Herd of Hope recognises that rural patients need support in both clinical and mental health capacity.
Organ donation occurs after an unexpected event and rural donor families can find themselves many miles from home when the decision is made to donate their loved ones organs. Organ and Tissue donation can only take place at a major hospital facility.
We acknowledge that for every donor family this is a difficult decision and we will be there to support them on their journey.
Without the organ donor there is no story, no hope, no transplant. But when there is an organ donor, life springs from death, sorrow turns to hope and a terrible loss becomes a gift.
We have facilitated the following projects to provide assistance:
- Peer Support (regular catch ups for rural Australians who are going through similar journeys)
- The Shearers Gift (for NSW rural patients upon discharge from hospital post-transplant).
- Our kids little mates (handmade toys for kids)
- Regional Dialysis Express Service (for patients in the Light Regional and Barossa Council areas)
- Tree of Hope (memorial for donor families).
- Campdraft for Hope (fundraising for rural accommodation).
- Hope Outback 2019 (kids camp).
- Bush to Bondi Cattle Drive (launch of the charity for all affected by Organ and Tissue Donation).
- Steer the Herd Dinner (fundraiser to facilitate the study).
- A Day in the Paddock (community good mental health awareness).
We believe rural people are worth investing in and keeping them in their communities after medical challenges. We will continue to support them.